إذا مر يوم ولم أتذكر
به أن أقول صباحك بسكر
به أن أقول صباحك بسكر
فلا تذهلى من سكوتى وصمتى
ولا تحسبى أن شيئا تغير
ولا تحسبى أن شيئا تغير
فحين أنا لا أقول أحب
فمعناه أنى أحبك أكثر
فمعناه أنى أحبك أكثر
Iza marra yaumun walam atazakkar
Bihi an aqul sobahuka/ki bisukkar
Fala tazhal/i min sukuti wasomti
Wala tahsab/i anna shai’an taghayyar
Fahina ana la aqul uhibbu
Famaknahu anni uhibbuka/ki aksar
Bihi an aqul sobahuka/ki bisukkar
Fala tazhal/i min sukuti wasomti
Wala tahsab/i anna shai’an taghayyar
Fahina ana la aqul uhibbu
Famaknahu anni uhibbuka/ki aksar
*The orange part signifies the muannas (feminine) of it
(When a day passed by while I didn’t remember
By it, to wish you a morning of sugar (sweetness)
Thus, don’t be confounded by my hush and silence
And don’t think that anything have changed
For at time when I don’t utter love
It pertains that, truly, I love you so much more)
By it, to wish you a morning of sugar (sweetness)
Thus, don’t be confounded by my hush and silence
And don’t think that anything have changed
For at time when I don’t utter love
It pertains that, truly, I love you so much more)
My teacher was singing this poem before starting the class and I, as how usually was I didn’t really being attentive to his singing, continue browsing up pages that we were supposed to be covering that day not until he reached the last stanzas; where I actually could clutch its meaning right away, lifted up my face and looked up to him – and if there’s one thing that I am authentically amazed with the Egyptians it would be their ability to look you right in the eye and comprehend what your eyes are saying. Smugly, he repeated the poem and even wrote it on the board even before I was thinking of asking it.
I did however ask him of what the poem is all about and from where it was originated. As his elucidation was overly protracted – unlike his usual syllabus exposition – I was lost somewhere in the middle of it. I did however get the idea that it was engendered by a Malay friend of him (surprise, surprise) and it was meant as a love message to his mother – if I did get the explanation right; which I honestly doubtful of as much as how I doubted that the profoundly poem was created by a non-Arab.
I did sms-ed the poem to my mother although I knew she wouldn’t actually get the whole meaning of it even that she has my father to translate it for her. As much to my expectation, she didn’t quite consume the whole meaning of it but all that she did understand was that I truly deeply love her – and that’s exactly the message that I was trying to pass through ;)
I don’t want to explain much about the meaning of the poem or share what I feel and understand from it because I prefer that you, my dear readers, get to explore the whole idea of it by your own experience or imagination yourselves, because I believe that your side of stories would be no less interesting than mine.
Kerana kejelitaan adalah hak milik setiap insan…Ngeh3
9 comments:
Wah, makin rancak mengepos entry sheh~!...hehe. I just got the email for SOL09 volunteering..whoop..whoop..& muhammad amir (the comedian @Sydney SOL07)is coming to town~!
Keep posting...
wah..entry semenjak dua menjak makin 'jiwang'..ade ape ni!!
sukir sopian:
biasela, ade musim menuai, ade musim berhibernasi ngeh3
seghah:
jiwang is cool..kui3..bile nk chatting nih? nk kena beli blackberry cm rusnam gak aa..;p
tu la..sms la kalo ready..bleh ana usahakan
korg nak chatting apa nih. hehe senang betul nak teka. btw ana takde blackberry la. storm dah klua dah. kalau ada banyak duit dah beli dah.
maknanya kalau kita sayang kat orang kita boleh diam2 la. as in ego. hehe. that is so you (ok me jugak since if i didnt say you'll say im ego jgk). tapi kan ada hadis kalau sayang kena diucapkan.
ke dia kat at time, so maknanya kadang2 tu terlupa la nak bagitau. so takyahlah bersangka buruk. takkan 24 jam nak kena bagitau saya sayang awak.
esok mother's day. taktau la nak beli apa. ada idea tak.
rusnam:
oge..haha
xde generalization kot. asalkan bahagia. bagusnye bile rase bgtau je. tp x semua org or situasi kita dpt. paling susah rasenye nk bgtau kt ayah la kot ngeh3..
hadiah hari ibu bg storm ok gak kui3
seghah:
insyaAllah
alfatih. cuba nta google perkataan "kbaz". pastu ctrl-F perkataan "usrah"
internet is not a safe place anymore. hehe.
thank you for the very lovely syair arab. very nice :)
afwan ;)
Post a Comment